Tennessee Williams in Bangkok by Eddie Woods
A playwright, a journalist, and a stunningly beautiful drag-queen prostitute. In this fascinating memoir, Eddie Woods brings all three together. And along the way graces us with countless insights into the heart and mind of one of America’s greatest dramatists. Even while paying homage to his beloved Kim, the most unique of his many lovers. As well as regaling us with numerous other tales of his more than two years in the City of Angels. Wherever he is, Tennessee Williams is smiling at this book. Now you can smile with him.
Eddie Woods (born 1940 in New York City) is a well-traveled poet and prose writer who variously worked as a short-order cook, computer programmer, encyclopedia salesman, restaurant manager, and journalist. In the early 1960s he did a four-year stint in the US Air Force, and since 1978 has mainly resided in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, where together with Jane Harvey he launched Ins & Outs magazine and founded Ins & Outs Press. Of all the many writers and artists he has known, Tennessee Williams remains the most memorable.
The ebook edition is published by Barncott Press and the print edition is published by Inkblot Publications. Below are links for ordering both, plus a free sample giving the first four chapters.
- US Print Edition via Amazon.
- UK Print Edition via Amazon
- UK Kindle Edition.
- US Kindle Edition + Rest of the World.
- Smashwords Edition (.epub for Nook readers, ibook readers + others)
* ebook price (£4.00) varies according to location and rate of the dollar.
* Free sample is of some content only, not of exact print or ebook presentation.
Also by Eddie Woods: Smugglers Train (short stories), Tsunami of Love (poetry). More of his work, including films, poetry, prose, and audio recordings of readings can be found on his personal website.
• This Barncott Press eBook is readable on almost all devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle, Nook) + desktop computers (Mac, PC, Linux) by using the FREE Kindle App if purchasing via Amazon or the ebook reader of your choice if purchasing via Smashwords, the Apple Store or Barnes & Noble (Nook).